Coronavirus disease is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered SARS-CoV-2 triggering the respiratory tract. It affects the upper respiratory tract (sinuses, nose, and throat) or lower respiratory tract (windpipe and lungs). Infections range from mild to deadly.
Most common symptoms:
• Dry cough
Less common symptoms:
•Aches and pains
•Loss of smell and taste
•A rash on the skin, or discoloration of finger and toes.
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
• Chest pain or pressure.
• Loss of speech and movement.
Spread of Coronavirus
It is a communicable disease. It is spread through respiratory droplets including saliva, coughs, and sneezes. People in close contact(less than 1-2 meters) can catch the virus. It enters through the mouth, nose, or eyes. If we touch the contaminated object then touch our face, we can be infected.
• Clean your hands for 20seconds. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
• Maintain at least a 1- meter distance from everyone.
• Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
• Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
• Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Stay home.
By – AAMNA AKHMAD